Monday, October 11, 2010

Fraser Writing Contest

Hi Again. It's coming up again. The Fraser Writing Contest. This is our yearly contest we hold at the Aspen Elementary School for third and fourth graders. It's such an exciting time. I will be introducing the contest at the end of October and the students will learn the theme this year. They will have several weeks to let their imaginations go wild and write their stories.

I, along with Mary Hayes, will judge the stories and come up with the results in time for the winter assembly. Everyone who enters receives a certificate. Then there are first, second and third place finishers including honorable mentions.

The stories are amazing and I'm always astonished with the talent that comes out of this contest. I can't believe the talent improves, but it does every year!

I'll post the first place stories on my blog this year. Keep looking for this in December or January.

No comments:

Post a Comment