Thursday, July 8, 2010

School Visits In Sandpoint, Idaho

In May, I traveled to Sandpoint, Idaho and visited two schools-- Washington Elementary and Koontenai Elementary Schools. I felt so welcomed and couldn't believe the enthusiasm from both the students and from the faculty. In the photo is one of the winners from the button contest at Washington Elementary School. The students all drew pictures from my Fraser the Yellow Dog books. The two winning artists got their images printed on buttons that all of us wore at "Authors, Arts and Us" day.

Kootenai School had a similar contest but instead of buttons, they had stickers made. These future artists will take on the world!!

I will post some of the amazing artwork in future blogs.

I love to visit schools and pass on my joy of writing.
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment